An 18 wheeler hit my car from behind on 35W and t boned me for about 25 feet up the highway. I received neck, back and body injury. How much of a settlement should a expect

After 3 months my left side continue to be hurting and sore

Marjorie B.

Asked by Marjorie B. at 6:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Health

• There's no way to tell, but don't settle for the first price they offer you. Insurance companies will generally try to get off without paying too much (doesn't make them evil, they're a business).

Answer by missanc at 6:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Really depends on your lawyer, how good he or she is in getting you as much money as posible. I would to be ask for future medical coasts. For your injuries.

Answer by louise2 at 7:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Don't settle!!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 8:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Your Lawyer should have that information.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I agree with having your attorney determine that. At three months, you might not know the extent of the damage and future medical issues from this. What does your insurance company say? Have they said anything about the medical expenses? If you don't have any attorney, consider getting one. Insurance companies and the other driver are looking out for themselves, not you. You need someone advocating for you and knows what kind of expenses you could incur later on down the road from something that wasn't your fault.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• hit my car from behind on 35W and t boned me

so it hit you twice?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Don't settle. Get a lawyer. I-35 doesn't run east and west. Was this a city street? So sorry you are in pain, but do not settle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Thy would be a fantastic question for the lawyers over on cafe lawyer. We are moms.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I assume you have been seeing doctors.
    Do not expct the insurance to give you a decent settlement. That is not their job.
    Get a lawyer to help you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• definitely find an auto-injury attorney! Fast! Don't answer their calls, forward their calls to your attorney, and never agree or admit or "condition" anything.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2013