Bringing on labor?

Did anyone try to bring on their labor @ 33 weeks?
I have heard of women trying this. Just wondering if anyone here did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no that isnt smart the baby isnt fully developed who ever is doing that should have their head examined
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No and I don't know why anyone would want to. Being pregnant isn't easy and the baby should stay in until ready to come out unless it is medically needed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I tried walking more around 34 weeks, It is so tempting but you really do learn it is best to let the baby go to full term and then try the tricks if you want to. But the baby will come when ready. Because you especially dont want to force the baby out if you arent as far along as predicted. But sex really does bring practice contractions on.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The brain isn't even fully formed yet! Who ever does this not only needs to be examined, but needs to be, NEVERMIND!
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 11:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• That's insane. While it is a good time to start working with a birthing ball to help your muscles prepare for birth and to help bring baby down into position, anything that would try to make labor come that early is just wrong. Baby is not full term until after 37 weeks and mothers shouldn't try to bring on labor a second earlier.
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• That would be about the stupidest thing a mother could do! That is not cool, NOT good for baby....what the hell is up with some women, seriously??????
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 1:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Please dont....that is so unsafe and unhealthy for the baby. I had my second daughter at 33 w 6days and it was not fun:( She did surprisingly well and was in the nicu for 11 days..with apneas and bradys for the first 4-5 days or so. Those were the longest 11 days of my life. I would have rather her come on time then early.
    Mommy4Life1911

Answer by Mommy4Life1911 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009