ADMIN can you update?

Can you tell us what the issue was yesterday with the malware?

DJDNY

Asked by DJDNY at 8:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2013 in About CafeMom

• This was the secondary part on my Google warning:

Of the 3039 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 10 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-09-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-09-25.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including videoserver150.ru/. 1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including mxtds30.pw/. This site was hosted on 4 network(s) including AS16509 (AMAZON-02), AS26163 (DATAGRAM), AS38895 (AMAZON-AS-AP).
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• "What happened? I was bedazzling a hat last night, so I didn't get on. I guess it's a good thing from the sound of it."

Pretty significant malware alerts. CM was blocked by most of the browsers and by my anti virus and anti malware programs.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:58 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• According to a friend who knows about these things it was probably a bad ad
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• a System Restore will fix the problem.

That only works on computers that already have that option configured to run backups regularly. Do not tell people just randomly to do that - you could be responsible for them deleting years' worth or documents and photos with no backup.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Considering you asked this question an hour ago, tells me Admin had a late night, lol
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• It didn't hit until around 7 CST. I know people could access the site via their tablets but desktops didn't work unless you specifically told your browser to go ahead and ignore the warning.

Like I was saying earlier I'm amazed at the number of people who did just that. Seems risky
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I heard it was the devil.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• What happened? I was bedazzling a hat last night, so I didn't get on. I guess it's a good thing from the sound of it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Hi,

Thank you for your patience after yesterday's issue.

It's important to point out that while it was a 'malware warning', we were not distributing malware.

The incident was resolved in about 10 minutes but, it took Google hours to clear us from the system.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you so much for being great members of CafeMom!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team
    Cafe GroupAdmin

Answer by Cafe GroupAdmin at 10:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I was just reading some of the other questions from last night. Seems they are being tight lipped about what caused it. I haven't had any warnings on my laptop. I was on yesterday afternoon on the laptop and nothing popped up.

It would be nice if they updated on the situation though.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2013