Snow pants

How old was your LO when you stopped buying them snow pants? My dd insists she's to old for them ( she's 8) I'm more so worried about her being cold she's all about fitting in and said last year no one really wore them and it was embarrassing for her to have to.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 8:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• Our schools require them through 5th grade

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I don't remember if the school requires them but I do see kids without them and the school goes up to 5th grade.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I'm not sure what your asking about.
    Snow pants?? Pants you wear outside in the snow?

The yellow triangle has be confused.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 8:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• We stopped as soon as the other kids did, so to avoid exactly what you are saying. Don't remember what age it was. Then the kids wore thermal underwear under what they wanted. Had several so they could change a lot. Always had boots though.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Here's a bump. I have no idea what snow pants are.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Snow pants the things you put over your pants to play in snow. I took the triangle off I accidentally hit it.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• LMAO skinny! I thought it was something new!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I've never seen anything like that before, but it doesn't snow much here, and when it does it is more of a dusting and it is melted by the end of the day. Thanks for telling me what they were though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• In Minnesota my kids quit wearing them after about the 4th grade unless it was -10 or more because I made them wear them. I guess it depends on how cold it gets where you are. If it's not as bad as Wisconsin or Minnesota you could probably get away with flannel tights under her pants
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:07 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Mr prissy I'm right in between The Illinois/Wisconsin border. so some winters it's okay and some are super cold, or at least super cold days or weeks here and there. Last winter I was wearing sweaters because it was surprisingly warm in February
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2013