Do you mix friends

My friend birthday is coming and I get annoyed with her every year acting like a spoiled child at her bd time considering she's almost 40 yrs old. This is the thing she does every year she wants me to hang with her other friends on her bd, I wouldn't have a problem with it except they act very weird if you speak they look at you crazy, stare at youveith a crazy look, talking under their breath, act childish. I don't know i any of them and I asked and wonder what is the strange behavior for, I even told her that the only reason that could he happening is unless you have said something about me because I don't know them. I don't mix friends for that reason I explained this she is still insisting to gobalong. I don't care to sit in that company, so I said today I will come out again since she's acting like she doesn't get it. When I told her we can go somewhere I look up and she getting to saying all of us. I don't Gill that I should have to put with that behavior just because its her bd. Will it be wrong to just tell her I fo not want to hang out or get drunk with them they can't hold their liquor I keep telling her those ate your friends don't try to much them especially if your other friends are always complaining about. How would you handle this? Have you ever been through this before and what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Sorry for typos, I'm mobile.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• If they make you uncomfortable don't go. You are not obligated to tolerate unacceptable behavior because "It's my birthday!" She's an adult so just tell her you have other plans and can't make it. If she gets mad that's on her. If she says you are not her friend anymore, well is it really a crushing loss? I would just decline the invite.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Good Lord. Just tell her you would love to take her out for lunch but that you really don't have an interest in going out that night. It shouldn't be this difficult.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• If I hang out with a group and they make me uncomfortable. I don't hang out with them any more.

Answer by louise2 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Thanks ladies you guys get it. I'm Going to make it crystal clear today.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• @louise2, I don't come around after realizing after the second time I came over and they were acting weird. I think they try to throw in her face that I don't come around them but why would you want me around anyway if you're going to act that way its weird,so basically they're probably saying why is she friends with me because we do our own thing but every year she thinks I'm going tivout with this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• you can either suck it up and go out for that one night or fake an illness or someone else's illness :)

I have a friend that I can only handle once a year. thank goodness she only comes to visit just once a year. I suck it up though but then again, we don't hang around 5 different friends of her's either. if she did, I would definitely cut off most contact with her and just have her as a FB friend or someone just distant.

sounds to me like your friend has her own friends now and she just doesn't want to feel bad leaving you out so you could rub in her face how she left you out.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Put up with this every year and I decline every year, I wondering why are you keep trying to put us together
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• @american those ladies was her friends first, so assume that's why I get the treatment
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I should've added that these were her friends first
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2013