Baby doesnt like the jarred meat..help

I read that babys don't get all the iron he needs out of my breastmilk past 6 months. My lil man is 7 months and won't eat the meat baby food. Is there anything else I can try and give him meat wise to try and eat?

babyant13

Asked by babyant13 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The jarred baby meat was nasty stuff 10-15 years ago when my kids were eating baby food. If it still is, I can't blame your little man for disliking it.

But I've seen very healthy babies who thrived on breast milk alone until nine months or so. You just have to eat well enough to make sure he's getting what he needs.

If you have the time, fix his meat yourself. Take a very small portion of whatever you're eating, cook it through (no medium rare yet), and then dice it very, very fine.

And, yes, I agree with louise2, baby vitamins will fill in any nutritional gaps.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Have you tasted the meat? I don't blame him. I actually used to make dog food with the baby food meat varieties. Now, my dog LOVED it. Kids? No so much.

Have you considered making your own baby food with iron rich foods? Meat isn't your only option.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Would YOU eat it? Bluck.

Make your own baby food like Quinn suggested. It's easy peasy. There are some decent websites dedicated to helping with this.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Isn't there baby vitamins

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Thank you so much I thought bout making my own food but was nervous cause I don't kno what I'm doing but I will look into that. Thank you all again.
    babyant13

Comment by babyant13 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Sep. 26, 2013