I hate Spirit Week at school! I need ideas for twin day.

I think these theme days are so dumb. Pajamas do not need to be worn to school. I'm not creative for decades day. Etc etc

So what can a 6 yr old girl wear for twin day?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 10:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• wouldnt that be where she and a bestie dress alike?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Oh, just wait. Today is 1920s day at my daughter's high school. Who has time to run around trying to create an outfit to replicate something from the 1920s?!? Yesterday was Neon day - a little easier, but only because neon is was recently retro. Tomorrow is School Spirit day. Thank goodness. She's in the band and has to wear her marching band t-shirt. Btw, it's Homecoming Week. *sigh*

If your daughter has a bestie, they can simply wear very similar clothes and fix their hair the same way. Go to Target and buy very inexpensive matching t-shirts for them. Ask the other mom to chip in for matching headbands and/or socks.

I don't like theme days, either, but I'll take pj day and twin day over what I'm dealing with now.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• ALl you have to do is dress like someone else.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• My kids always just picked a bff or two and all planned matching outfits and hairstyles. Last year dd and her two bff's wore purple t-shirts, jeans, and wore their hair in a ponytail. Twin day is usually one of the easier spirit days.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• lol
    call the office
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• This is what I have to look forward to? I'm not particularly creative in the fashion department, either.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• These all seem like crazy themes, ours were always something you had in the house, like crazy day you would wear mismatched inside out clothes, or the school colors, there was never a day when we ever needed to go buy anything (sports jersey) to participate.

But y Twin Day would be her and a friend, or a group of friends all wearing the same thing.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Do like our boys (10, and 11), and don't do it. They don't think any more of school when they do the spirit week thing.... They also had to donate a dollar if they wanted to participate, and our 10 yr old said, "I want to save my money, that's 5 bucks for the whole week"! The money goes toward parties, and movie nights for the kids, and we don't go to those either....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• That's where she dresses the same way as another student.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Does she have a doll that sort of looks like her?
    You can dress them similar and She has her twin.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2013