I have a daughter who I alllowed to move in to get out of debt to buy a house.

I learned she was spending money on coach purses and expensive cloths while I am giving money to my granddaughters cause mom says, she can't give money to them for saving money to buy house. When I confronted her about this, she moved out with girls and now granddaughters are angry at me??? Help my heart has been broken by all this.

mary720

Asked by mary720 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Help my heart has been broken by all this.

What kind of help are you looking for?
    Words of support? Good job insisting your daughter be responsible for her own finances.
    A way to make the grand daughters not upset with you? Give them money.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Your daughter sounds spoiled and irresponsible. She doesn't seem to value that money and nice things come from hard work...and that it should be HER hard work not yours. Sounds like she's teaching the next generation the same thing.

Hopefully, they will come around eventually, but you did the right thing. She's an adult, and she shouldn't be taking advantage of anyone, including her parents.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I need a way to make granddaughters feel secure and know they are loved reguardless of the out come of daughter being irresponsoble.
    My daughter has always used the oldest one to get back at me. I want them to know it's not them, it's their mom and I.
    mary720

Comment by mary720 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• You need to show them their mom's closet full of garbage, and then tell them this is why they're hungry at night.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2013