Really Barilla?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyhiottmillis/barilla-pasta-chairman-says-no-gays-allowed-in-companys-ads

I don't think this is going to help the sales of Barilla pasta.

"We won’t include gays in our ads, because we like the traditional family. If gays don’t like it, they can always eat another brand of pasta."

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 4:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally I eat whatever's on sale the cheapest. Not based on who says what.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Ironically enough, there is a Chick-fil-A ad next to this question.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Like I said in NO's post: I really need to read all the previous posts befoe I go and post something like this.

I don't buy Barilla myself, it's too expensive. Now I just have one more reason not to.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• No Chick-fil-A for me. It's Bose Wave Music system.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• While some may say this man who represents his company is entitled to his opinion, I do not think mean-spirited, bigoted things like this need to be said about any category of our population. This will hurt their sales, no doubt. Will it doom their business? Probably not. But it is within our rights if we want to give our business to a company that tolerates such intolerance. I do not research every product I purchase, but when things like this happen, it makes my decision easier. I'm disappointed, b/c my family & I like their sauce. Looks like we will have to find another favorite.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Okay to be fair, Chick fil A never said they didn't appreciate "gay" business the owner stated his views on homosexuality, I do not agree with him, but he does hire gay workers etc, just said he doesn't agree with it,
    To me what Barilla is saying is a 100% slap to the community, I am one of the strongest advocate of gay rights you could ever meet.
    I am also an American, and the fact I disagree with the owner of a company is okay, I am sure I disagree with my local convient store owner's beliefs as well, but I still shop there.
    To say that a "group" does not need to buy their product to me is almost racial, Can you imagine if the same statement had the N word in place of gay?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• What defies my understanding is, why would a business owner say something like this and alienate potential customers? What purpose does it serve? Thinking it is one thing. It's not my opinion, I don't agree with it, but everyone is entitled to his or her own beliefs. But why give voice to them when all it will do is stir up trouble and get people not to buy your products? I don't usually choose Barilla anyway, but if I did, this would make me search for other pasta brands.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Oh I wasn't taking any stance. I just found the irony in a CFA ad when talking about anti gay CEO issues. It's like the ad powers that be did that on purpose.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I am against gay pasta too!

(WTF. How did this even come into conversation?)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• As I posted in the other related question. I read this and purposely did not buy it even on sale because I think his attitude is bad. In our house: Barilla.

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2013