My cat scratched my baby in a tender spot, anything to be worried about?

I think it was 2-3 days ago. I left baby with dad for 15 minutes and she proceeded to pull the cats tail and get a little whoopin' on the head. Dad said the cat didn't get her, the next morning I saw that the cat DID get her- scratched right over her soft spot.

She seems fine. She's okay, right? No weird blood/brain disease to be worried about?

(This is the first time the cat has scratched either of the kids, she must have really yanked on him. He is GREAT with the little ones)

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Keep an eye out for infection. Or for any changes in mood, sleeping patterns or eating habits. I'm betting since it's already been a few days, that she'd fine. Bet she won't tug on his tail like that again. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• if it's scabbed over and NOT reddened,she'll be fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Yes it scabbed over. I've had many, many kitty scratches my whole life and so far I'm still here.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• If you haven't seen any signs of infection and the wound is already scabbed over, I'm betting your little angel is in the clear.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I wouldn't worry. If it doesn't look infected I'm sure it will be fine.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Probably not. Infection would be the main concern.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2013