Placental abruption...help please!!!

Im 32 weeks pregnant. I had a heavy gush of blood last Monday. Rushed to the hospital and I was admitted for 5 days. The bleeding stopped soon after it happened and I haven't bled since. They have done many ultrasounds and didn't actually see anything but assume it was a placental abruption.

They say baby looks good, no sign of distress. Bit at my ultrasound two days ago the Dr said her head was measuring smaller than the weeks before?! She said she thinks they got wrong measurements BC of the way her head was tilted.

But I was just wondering if since I'm not bleeding anymore if it will happen again? Or do u think it affected my baby? Or will I still have that risk of it happening while giving birth?

Dr doesn't seem too concerned about getting her out asap. She said if I haven't had her before 37 weeks I'll be induced.

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I am really not sure how much more reassurance we can give you. You've posted about this several times and gotten a lot of good advice so I think you may need to take a deep breath and take your doctor at his word.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I had the same thing. My babies came early on their own but were healthy.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• It usually fixes itself. That does not mean it won't happen again. You are stressing over nothing and that does concern me a bit. Stress is not good for baby or you. Try to relax and enjoy the next few weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Yes I have asked about this quite a few times BC each day I have more questions and more worries. I am stressing myself out like crazy! I have to stop but I dot know how. I can't. I'm constantly thinking about this.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Well talking usually helps so feel free. ((Hugs)) Just a little bit longer.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Thank you very much.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• STOP STRESSING.
    You'll make thins worse.
    Log off and go read a book. NOT a baby book.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I don't remember bleeding while I was pregnant but I think some women do. Definitely keep an eye on it and keep talking with your doctor. Your going to stress about everything its natural. But try to relax cause to much stress is bad for baby. Good luck.
    paigesmommy811

Answer by paigesmommy811 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2013