Anyone else officially hate back to school time?

I have always done all of the school supply shopping. Since the divorce, I have just told him what his half of the expenses are and he somehow manages to work it out so that I have to pay him money.

I'm not trying to make money here and not trying to take anything away from my kids.

But it just sucks that I tell him he owes me $100 for school supplies and then wait and wait for him to pay (I need the money so I can get some maintenance done on my car). Then he tells me that I owe him money for things from months ago that I didn't even know about.

Just needed to vent.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 9:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• next time give him a list for his half... make him do the leg work too!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Great idea crafty! Also, start demanding receipts from him. Make him get organized so he can't as easily manipulate figures on you.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• What kind of stuff is he expecting you to pay him back for months after the fact? Especially things you didn't know about? If he is buying the kid stuff then that is on him, vacations, extras, all that crap is his to deal with. Only medical expenses, school stuff and extra curriculars should be split expenses and you should KNOW about all of that. If he isn't informing you of doctors visits or things of that nature then that is a much bigger issue than just being a dick about school supplies!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• He sounds like a turd. Just tell him the statute of limitations on those debts ran out yesterday.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Forget that! Next time he can do ALL of it. He can buy it all, do all the shopping, deal with all of the crazy requests of the teachers, hunt down everything. I've done it for the last 13 yrs and have done the hardest years. I'm sure he can handle the last 5 years.

Then when he tells me what my 1/2 is, I will come up with things from months before that he never even knew about.

Yep, I think it's time to turn the tables on him.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• You're lucky. My ex only pays child support because they take it out of his check. He never paid his 1/2 of the childcare expenses a d the way the judge wrote the contempt judgement I'll be lucky to ever see any of that money.

Answer by missanc at 9:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• If it was a one time issue than it is time to clear it up. But if it's an ongoing issue it is time to let it go.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2013