What should i do if a baby licked a sharpie marker.

My 10 month old baby won't stop eating stuff, anD just licked just a little bit of sharpie marker. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xXProMamaXx

Asked by xXProMamaXx at 10:05 PM on Sep. 26, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Put the sharpie markers out of reach.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• nothing, she will be fine...don't let her have it again lol but she won't get ill.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• I just found something that another mom asked about her kid getting a sharpie and had it in his mouth too- she called poison control and they said not to worry

*sharpies are non-toxic and it would take like an ounce of the liquid to do harm (from what I read)

go ahead and call though if it makes you feel better/ or to be sure
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Learn to put things out of reach?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• There fine put things out of sight
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Join CM and post a question? That's what I would do if my baby was in peril too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• lol You guys crack me up.......

I will admit...shamefully.... that my son once drank a bit(probably not even an toddler size mouthful, of spic n span when we were staying at MY grandmother's.. I took him into the bathroom with me(because I was there alone and didn't want him getting into anything lol)...I look away for two second and he has the stuff....it was like slow mo..

I called his doctor then poison control(who said he would be fine) then my mother(who was about a 20 min ride away)..bawling. I thought he was going to die I thought I was going to die lol.....

Now if only I had cafe mom at the time I could have just asked you guys!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Danger Will Robinson.
    Keep these things out of the reach of children.
    What kinda pig-sty you got going on over there?!?!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Give the baby something safer to gnaw on, like a teether.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2013

• Honestly... the very first thing you should do if you are worried bout something your child has ingested is to call Poison Control. First thing... ALWAYS. Seriously!!!!

This time it is not a big deal, but it could have been and then you would be in trouble if you waited to post a question on the internet. Use your brain... call Poison Control.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2013