I think I'm in love with this coach

Roosevelt, UT. The head coach of Union High School suspended all 80 of his players when he learned the young men were involved in cyberbullying, failing classes, and disrespecting teachers. The boys will be allowed to earn their way back on the team by performing community service, taking character education classes, and participated in extra study hall.

Matt Labraum's decision met with support from the school administration AND parents.

I think I love this guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/26/utah-school-football-suspends_n_3991469.html

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 12:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I love him too! This is going on FB!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• About effing time!!

He's my hero, lol
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I wish I could personally give that man a medal!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• LOL PGA, I got it OFF Facebook.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• So, according to the article there wasn't one decent kid on the team?
    Not one who wasn't involved in bullying, disrespecting teachers or doing poorly in the classroom?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Not that I read. To be able to get back on the team, they had to meet certain criteria. Most of them did no problem. The ones that didn't had to take the extra classes to earn their way back.

On Wednesday, he announced that he would allow most players back on the team because they met the outlined requirements, according to CBS News.

Another related link

Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Just heard on the news that all but 9 of the 41 seniors will play tonight in the homecoming game.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• The encouraging part of the situation is that administration AND parents both agreed. That's much more encouraging that kids that do the same thing and their parents insist that their darling little angels would never do something so horrible and that they should not be punished for whatever they have done. They are just misunderstood.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2013