How to get my 22 year old husband to brush his teeth

I cant get my Husband to brush his teeth what do I do? Is it just me or do other women have this problem? I tried a lot of things i have tried not kissing him but this makes him mad, I have tried not having sex with him then he thinks i am not into him BUT I AM i am just NOT into his BREATH, I have tried scaring him and it doesn't work, I have talked to him about it all the time i have told him how it makes me feel and that it sickness me. I cant not have sex with him because we are trying to have another baby but at the same time his breath turns me off. But when i tell him to brush before hand it makes him mad. I didnt marry him to become his mom and make sure he brushes and washes his hands. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE. right now i am sleeping on the couch to try and prove my point

Mamma_Love529

Asked by Mamma_Love529 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Health

• If he wants to be disgusting and unhealthy, he can do it alone. And good luck finding another woman who can stand his stank breath

WHY do you want to procreate with this man? Did you ever think this is his way of telling you he doesn't want another baby?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• well ya know, for a minute there I was going to say keep refusing sex regardless of your want for another baby however, you said he was this way before you married him so really, why are you mad now???

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• One question: was he like this BEFORE you married him?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I suppose you could insist on doggy style only but he'd probably like it. I'd refuse too. And I'd forget about a baby till he changes his ways. Lack of hygeine is a marriage breaker.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Go to Home Depot or any hardware store and get some of those disposable face masks that construction workers use to filter out dust. Insist on wearing one during intimacy. Maybe that will drive home your point. Personally, whether it made him mad or not, I'd still refuse to kiss him. Bad breath is such a turnoff!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Have his Mother explain to him how important brushing is. Have his Mom tell him his breath stinks.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Oh god your a saint to put up with that! I can't even have morning sex until we've both brushed our teeth, bad breath is such a turn off, and easily resolved so he's got no excuses apart from stubborn laziness!!!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:44 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• make him an appointment for a cleaning and let THEM tell him he needs to brush more/better

my dad never brushed either- his breath was awful and when he had isues- he's just put bondo in his tooth and move on...nice huh
    he was terrified of dentists and I don't remember him EVER seeing one
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• throwing upWow,that's the epitome of laziness He doesn't have 2 minutes,twice a day to keep up with his oral hygiene?! I don't get it. Has anyone else commented on the stank emanating from his piehole?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Point. If you knew before you married him, and you knew you didn't like it, well, I'm sorry.

I do like the mask idea, but you should wear the mask. Don't make him do anything. You are the one having the issue with his decision. You have to make the adjustment. As you have figured out, you cannot make him change.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2013