Does this make sense to you?

so a conservative friend of mine posted that video of the woman who stole the baseball from the little girl. one of his friends said "this is the liberal way" so i said- i would've punched her in the throat, the woman that is just to be clear, since im a liberal and apparently we're all horrible people that steal from little kids though im not sure what my political beliefs have to do with my moral compass. and now the guy was like "redistribution is what i meant by liberal" um, what? is he saying that the woman was "redistributing" the ball?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• the little girl "earned" it and the liberal took it
    limbaugh/ beck etc. brainwashing does that to people
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• ohhhh i understand.... what a douche. my prior comment still applies then
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I saw the video as well. I am conservative for the most part. The video has nothing to do with politics. Just a selfish older bitch that took a ball from a kid. Regardless of political beliefs, it was a shitty thing for her to do. Politics have nothing to do with it. I don't understand why people try to make things like this political. The assumptions and insinuations just drive a bigger wedge between ideologies.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• exactly! for all we know this lady could ascribe to the conservative beliefs also. wtf does it have to do with politics?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• What they said^^

I miss the days when more people used critical thinking skills.

Quinn is conservative. I'm a tree hugging hippie liberal. However, she always has something constructive to add, she doesn't automatically agree with everything and she's willing to listen to the other side. Same with me, same with several of us. That's the way debate should be.

Bullying a child is stupid, crass, mean and only serves to widen the gap that has caused such dysfunction in government for that last couple of decades.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I'm a conservative (yeah, big surprise, I know), and no, what your friend's friend posted makes no sense to me. This wasn't a political issue. This was a selfish issue. The woman took the ball because she wanted it and didn't think that anyone else's wants mattered more than hers. It was also a bully issue. Would the woman had taken the ball from another woman or a man? I don't know. But it was very easy to take it from a small child. The woman was short-sighted and mean. Was she a liberal or a conservative? I don't know, and it's doesn't matter.

feralxat, I don't listen to Limbaugh or Beck. I read the news, do my research, and make my decisions before I solicit others' opinions. Many conservatives and liberals do. I also don't assume that every liberal watches MSNBC. None of us likes to be lumped all together into a one stereotyped mass, no matter what groups we affiliate with.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• The woman is a mean, selfish bitch, but I don't see what liberal or conservative has anything to do with it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• glad im not the only one who thinks so- i thought i might be missing something lol
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• At this point, I'm almost starting to feel bad for the thief.

This happened 2 fucking years ago, and the gif keeps getting repopped on places like buzzfeed and reddit as if it just happened yesterday.  Her name is reposted every time it comes back up.  Yeah, she's a twat, but it's not like she raped a child or murdered her family, yet she's paying for it longer than some pedos or murderers serve time in prison.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• LOL, NP! I guess it's more proof that once something is on the 'net, it never dies.

I don't remember hearing about this two years ago, but I've slept since then, so I might have posted a scathing rant about it at the time, esp, if it was talked about in here.

And I agree. I don't feel bad for the woman because she was just plain mean, but really, two years ago? Okay, I can walk away.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 27, 2013