Out of the mouths of babes?? LOL had to share. adult content

So DD is tutoring the first grader that moved in up the street. Math is hard and the child simply doesn't want to do it. So she's trying to teach him. Him- " Why do I have to do this? It's stupid. How much longer do I need to go to school? Her- "That depends. At least 11 more years, but that's only if you do it right the first time. Take your time and do it right and you will be fine. If you try to rush through it, (as she's erasing a mistake) you tend to make mistakes and they make you do it again. " Then they continued on with the homework. I see what she did there. LOL So has your child said anything insightful or witty recently?? Flagged just in case someone's babe has said something not so polite that still came out hilarious.

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 11:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Me: You need to turn on your ears and listen!
    DD: But I listen at school! It made me tired!
    Me (trying not to laugh): You need to listen at home too!
    DD: What? Squirrel! Look a squirrel!!

Kid you not~
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• kid: he sounds like a real jerk mom
    me: yeah *a series of complaints
    kid: you should try cursing, it'll make you feel better
    me: blank look
    kid: douche dick is a good one
    me: don't say douche dick (i then had to hide my face so she couldn't see me laughing)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Not really "out of the mouth", but my youngest sure has been a hoot lately. (She'll be 10 months old in 2 days.)

So, last night, she found one of her cans of puffs. She figured out how to take the lid off, and proceeded to feed herself. It was dinner time, so whatever. Then she poured the rest out of the can. Her oldest sister picked up *most* of the puffs, but didn't put the can away. So, when Tori got done with the puffs that were on the floor, she proceeded to open her can back up and get more...

Also, yesterday, she kept opening up the file cabinet drawer. I finally had enough (she's already pinched her fingers once), so I put a piece of duct tape to keep it shut. She started ripping at it to take it off...and almost got it off.

She's seriously way too smart for her own good.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Your daughter is very wise for her age. I'm assuming she's a teenager, or nearly so.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I am teaching my choir Silent Night. After we sing one kids asks, "Why are we singing a song about death?"  Nothing like an atheist explaining the birth of Christ.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

• This might be a gross story, but it's funny. The other night DS wasn't feeling well and threw up. As I was consoling him DD yelled "That's nasty!" Then he threw up on me, she told me I was nasty and that she didn't have to look at me.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Yeah Ballad. She just turned 16 this past Monday.
    2autisticsmom

Comment by 2autisticsmom (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2013