Birthday expectations versus reality?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 12:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My birthday is on Christmas, so it's kind of brushed aside. It's why I'm an attention whore the other 364 days of the year!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• ha- well, at first, I didn't realize that the ones on the right were the more reality ones

my birthdays are usually, mom forgot or called on the wrong day saying she's sorry she forgot the card is in the mail (then it never comes) *she does the same with both kids the last... 7 or 8 yrs or so...

I make or buy my own cake...if I have one

I buy something for myself *if I even do...

the kids and hubby *usually* tell me "happy birthday" and I get a few on FB...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• dang...that reality stuff sounds pretty good to me haha. DH and i share a bday, so we usually dont do anything. my mom does make us a special Sunday dinner (our choice) and buys us a few silly presents and one decent gift card. we also get a $500 in checks from the old ppl in our lives haha. i barely have 100 friends on FB, so 58 friends telling me happy bday on FB would blow my mind!! how sad is that haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Lol.
    My reality: DH starts panicking a week before that he won't remember what day of the week it falls on, the kids freak out on him the day before that they haven't gotten me anything, he dashes out for flowers and if I requested something specific, it's there. Not too bad really. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Yeah, the "office" for me would be my kids.

As for the FB thing, that's why I turned it off. Only my REAL friends (and those who pay attention) know its my birthday, so I only get well-wishes from those who are my real friends instead of all those people that don't really know me and never talk to me the other 364 days of the year.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I like some of the answers on the right. I love flowers and a night out with the kids would be great. I might actually get to eat my own food without sharing.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• When you posted this it made me giggle, I always want my birthday to be like a party out of the "Great Gatsby" (the only thing good about the movie IMO was the parties) It never is like that, My DH's birthday is Monday, he has requested a hat., and that is all, LOL!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2013