my cat keeps throwing up the dry food, the wet food he is fine what can i substitute the dry with he is always hungry

josyandcutty

Asked by josyandcutty at 2:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Pets

• try a better dry food... and make sure to leave out freash water daily
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Sounds like one of my cats. He was severely neglected and probably abused before we got him. If he doesn't get fed at the same time daily, he'll scarf his food, then chuck it right back up seconds later. To stop that from happening I have to stop him after a couple of bites.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I would look at the ingredients of the dry food. You might try a food that does not have soy, wheat or corn in it because those are pretty common allergies. You might also look for a food that has a main ingredient that she has never had before. So instead of getting a food that has seafood, try I don't know, duck. She could have developed an allergy to something in the food and this will help rule it out.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Try mixing another brand with the wet food, he might have a hairball, and has a hard time digesting the food you purchased, they do make hairball formulas, but I would tend to just feed him the wet food, unless it causes other issues a couple of times a day, and hungry or not, he is getting what he needs as long as you are feeding him the correct amount.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• no other health issues are going on? I would call the vet tech and ask.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• try a higher quality dry food, put him on a feeding schedule, and keep plenty of water out for him.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2013