I know it's a bit early, but

do you have Halloween plans?
are you going to party?
dress up? As what?
hand out candy?
take the kids trick or treating?
or avoid it by turning out your lights and hiding in your house?!

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 3:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• We purchased costumes for the kids. Still need to find a vest and/or jacket for the boy (he wants to be Dr Who for Halloween...he's going to be David, my husband's going as the guy right before David).

We'll go trick or treating IF the weather is decent. If its not, we'll just stay home and dress up for the fun of it anyway.

I have no idea what to be for Halloween. Thoughts?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• We have the same plans we always do every year, which is just trick or treating around the neighborhood. I'm still on the hunt to find something a bit more fun to do because I'd like to dress up, too... and I don't want to dress up just to walk around where we live. I found a renaissance dress I really like. My 9 year old has chosen the guy from Scream as his costume, and my 12 year old has decided he doesn't want to dress up and will pass out candy that night.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I'm just praying it doesn't snow! Or else we are going as a family in a North Face Advertisement!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Fall festival at my church the weekend before Halloween then trick or treating that night. My 3 yo is going as Sofia, my 4 yo is going to be a pirate. We have oyster stew for supper, a carryover from my childhood. I'm not dressing up.

Answer by missanc at 5:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• The whole family goes to Disney World every year for Halloween. We have been doing this for 5 years. The grandkids are getting older and we may switch it up next year and go for New Years.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 4:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• hopeandglory... if you want to stick with the Doctor Who theme, dress as Rose?

DD wants to be Wonder Woman. I'm making a blue and spangled tutu, painting the WW symbol on a red shirt, and making the gauntlets out of gold felt.

DS wants to be a doctor so he can wear scrubs. Just going to buy it (hoping to find at the consignment).

I don't know that I am going to dress up. But, as I am pagan, I'll be doing some special spiritual things later in the evening.

Also, we always make chili and corn bread (been a tradition in my family for decades!) so we will continue on with that!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• same as always, taking the kids trick or treating.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I haven't dressed up in years, because nothing ever fits or looks good on me. They have this thing at the nature center. Like a haunted trail thing. I've never gone before, but I think we'll try It this year. And of course, taking my son trick or treating!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 5:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• we live on a very busy street no kids come here, I make a huge batch of Chili and we eat after we go trick or treating in the neighborhood behind us.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2013