Share your favorite beef roast recipe, please!

I have a 3 lb boneless beef shoulder roast. I usually make Funlovin's Italian beef but I'm outof the other ingredients.

I'm thinking it would be best to do it on the crockpot,but I'm open to oven.

:)

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 6:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• My favorite is to coat it lightly in flour and pan sear in a hot cast iron skillet, then throw in the crockpot on top of some baby carrots. Top with a mix of cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. I serve it on rice or mashed potatoes.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• 1 Dry Packet of Ranch Dressing mix
    1 Dry Packet of Italian Dressing Mix
    1 Dry Packet of Brown Gravy mix

Put all those packets in 1 cup of water stir. Put the roast in the crock pot, pour the mix over top and viola! Cook 6-8 hours and shred, serve with mashed potatoes or cheesy polenta
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• nothing special here- just beef boullion in the water, cut up some potatoes, carrots and onion...maybe some pepper
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• I just made an oven roast and it was nice.
    Oven at 425
    I pierce the roast in about eight places and push in a quarter clove of garlic in each opening. Then I rub with olive oil and sprinkle dried oregano, salt and pepper all over.
    Place fat side up on a roaster pan (in a rack if you have it)
    then I put chunks of potato all around along with 2 inch wedges of onions, drizzle oil over the veggies as well.
    No liquid is needed.
    I roasted for about 45 min to med rare for a slightly smaller roast and took out the veggies a little earlier.
    :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• What Ginger said, except I add mushrooms, and I've never put the carrots in. I'll have to try that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2013