What goes on a club sandwich?

How do you make a club sandwich? How many layers? 2, 3, or 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• The origin of this sandwich, which is most often associated with hotels around the world, is all a matter of speculation and guesswork. The name probably comes because of its popularity at resorts and country clubs. It definitely existed in the United States by the late 19th century. The Club Sandwich was the favorite of former King Edward VIII of England and his wife, Wallis Simpson. In fact, she took great pride in preparing this sandwich.
    The most popular theory is that the sandwich first appeared in 1894 at the famous Saratoga Club-House (an exclusive gentlemen only gambling house in upstate Saratoga Springs, New York) where the potato chips was born. Originally called Morrissey's Club House, were neither women nor locals were permitted in the gambling rooms.

Quit being a Dirty Perv. Nuptials would be a marriage ceremony, copulation is sex.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• 3 pieces of toast. Turkey, bacon, mayo, lettuce, and tomato.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• when I make it at home I toast 2 pieces of bread, then add turkey, bacon, lettuce and sometimes avocado
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Why is it called a club?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• The way Cassie and Ginger said is typical, although I've seen some off-the-wall variations in restaurants recently with barbecue sauce and different kinds of cheese on them. I'll stick with the traditional myself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Turkey, ham, swiss, cheddar, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato and thin sliced onion.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Why? Why is it a club?

My new husband wants it every time we have nuptuials. Why is a club needed after?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2013

• Oh God... this question in now starting to remind me of this...

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2013