Bbq chicken legs

last night i made baked bbq chicken legs. i lined a foiled 8x8 glass dish and put bbq sauce on the chicken legs and covered with foil and baked in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes. after that i took the foil off and cooked the legs another 10 minutes. so 55 minutes total.
they looked done on the outside. but when my grandson was eating them we both noticed that on the legs he had already eaten at the top it was still red like it hadn't cooked all the way. near the bone. he gnawed it down it the bone and left no meat on the bone.thats when we noticed the red color. im worried he might get sick, hes 6 he ate three legs total but only 2 looked like this.

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 6:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I normally cook mine in a baking tin like for cookies and not covered at all. I flip them half way. I like them to be really cooked and have a bbq grilled like feel and taste. I hope your GS is OK. I think i cook mine at 400.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Should have just baked them then BBQed them . I would have baked them on 400.

Answer by louise2 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

• If your grandson hasn't gotten sick by now, chances are good that he won't.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2013