Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Can I adopt my dead sister children if I had a CPS case that was closed out

My case is closed I successfully got my children back and I want to adopt my sister children cuz she died in the father is in jail

Answer Question

Asked by ineed2know70279 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2013 in Adoption

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • It would be easier if your sister had a Will naming you as their Guardian. Is the children's father in the picture? He would have 1st dibs so to speak.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • Well, you'll never know if you don't try...

    Answer by goldpandora at 10:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • I really dislike your title. So disrespectful!

    How about saying...My sister is decrease and I'm interested in adopting her children.

    Answer by KTElite at 10:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • got my children back
    please explain the circumstances surrounding this statement.


    Answer by feralxat at 10:51 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • I'm going to guess......probably not
    Where's the kids' father?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • Where are the children at now? And where is the father?

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • A family attorney would be the best person to ask since you will likely need an attorney to move forth on it anyhow. Where are the kids now and why do you feel that they would be better off with you? Are you married? Are you able to provide for them in addition to your own kids? Where is their father in this? Who have they spent most of their lives around?

    Answer by QuinnMae at 11:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • "I really dislike your title. So disrespectful!"

    ^^^ I agree, it's very disrespectful. Besides, when I first saw the question, I only saw "can I adopt my dead sister" and was like, wtf?

    Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • This would be a really good question for a family lawyer, or for the people at Child Protective Services. There are a lot of variables,especially with the fact that you had a CPS case that was resolved in the past. A lot will depend on what the children's father wants, if he is in the picture.

    Answer by Ballad at 1:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

  • They belong with their father.

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.