Help me grocery shop!

40 bucks says we need food until Tuesday. 2 adults, one child. All I have on my list is eggs and tortillas. I already have milk, cheese, and 1lb of shredded beef in the freezer.

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Here is a recipe for making flour tortillas

Answer by staciandababy at 4:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Get a bag of potatoes and a bag of onions, carrots and celery, get some bags of dried lentils, split peas, whatever for soup. Easy cheap meal. Then potatoes can be the side. If you shred a potato into your ground beef for burritos it will go further.

Answer by staciandababy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I would love to make homemade tortillas but it's very difficult, very time consuming, and a package of 10 at the store is only 99 cents.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Chicken

Answer by Dardenella at 4:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

Here's a site I found when I googled "Cheap & easy recipes" - Hope you find some you like.

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• It sounds like you could get some kidney beans and make up a nice big pot of chili.

Answer by Ballad at 4:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Spaghetti , can last a couple of dinners. Chicken and rice.

Answer by louise2 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• A whole chicken can be roasted and then the bones can be boiled down to make stock for soup. To make it soup all you have to add is rice, a bag of mixed veggies, tomato paste(optional) and some seasoning.

Breakfast for dinner- eggs, pancakes and fruit

Breakfast for dinner II- Quiche and salad

breakfast for Dinner III: biscuits and gravy (one roll of sausage will do two batches of gravy with milk and flour) with fruit

Sloppy Lennies: Manwhich with cooked lentils instead of been on rolls.

Mac and Cheese: Homemade stove top only needs 8 oz. of cheese and a box of pasta (flour, milk and butter for the sauce as well)

Spaghetti: Jar of sauce with pasta. Throw some sauteed Italian veggies in there to!

Grilled cheese and tomato soup

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• bag of potatoes
    spaghetti and sauce
    refried beans and cheese for cheese quesadillas (sp?)...

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Do you just need dinners, or breakfast ,lunch, and snacks too? How old is the child?

Answer by musicmaker at 8:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2013