A weekend away from family & responsibilities w/out clearing it first adult content

My DH works hard all week. I get that. But last night he went to a friend's to hang out & ended up spending the night. Good choice not to drink & drive, but he came home & slept most of the day. He did absolutely nothing around the house or with the kids. Now tonight he's off to a BBQ & won't be home til who knows when. He's planning to go into work for a while tomorrow, so we pretty much won't see him all weekend. I can't imagine being away for most of the weekend, not pitching in around the house or with the kids. It just wouldn't happen. It's not fair to me that he gets to be so carefree while I'm home holding down the fort. Does your DH/SO ever pull this crap? How do you feel about it? How do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• I don't know, I think I just have a different philosophy than you. My DH will have to be away sometimes for work. That's just the nature of what he does. I run things at home. He has a pretty demanding job and the responsibility of earning money to keep our household running smooth. Sometimes when he comes home he is tired and takes a nap. Does it bother me, yeah, I guess it kind of does. But I understand why he is tired. He does make an effort to help when I need and ask for it though. My kids are a little older (8 & 10), so it's not like I have diapers and stuff to deal with. But even then I just took my lumps just like he did. Life is hard at times.

If he is consistently looking to spend time away from your family I think that would really bother me though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• No, my dh would never think of doing that. He rarely goes out with his friends but when he does he always asks first, if for no other reason than to see if I have plans. That's basic respect. You need to have a serious convo with your dh about what is/isn't okay.

Answer by missanc at 7:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• My DH NEVER pulled this B.S. on me!

Why is he going to a BBQ W/O you?
    You work harder than he does! He needs to step up and be a husband and father!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 7:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I'm just bitch enough I'd drop the kids off at the BBQ and take off for a few hours of ME time.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Nope.. that wouldn't slide here.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I would be spitting nails, not that he took time away--I suppose everyone needs it even if it's a safe bet you don't get half as much as he does--but because he didn't discuss it first and find out if this would be a good weekend to cut out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Sounds like you need to grab the keys to the car next weekend and say. See you and the kids later. I am going out for a bit. And stay out tell morning.

Answer by louise2 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• LOL Rose! Me too!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 7:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Maybe next weekend I will make plans of my own. I just don't know where I would go to stay away for so long. Besides, all the crap would still be waiting for me when I got back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I like your style, Rosehawk!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2013