Is it ok to swollow a false tooth?

We just had a question about bad weeks, well, I'm at Costco this morning, and I take a pizza sample and chew. My DH looks at me and says what's wrong? I say, I think I just swallowed my cap, do I still have a front tooth? He says no. This had to happen on a weekend. I am now going to have to teach with a missing front tooth. Hopefully I can get into my dentist on Monday. Wonderful!

musicmaker

Asked by musicmaker at 8:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2013 in Health

• I was going to say "This too(th) shall pass...."
    But that comment about putting it back in your mouth made me LOL!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• The tooth won't likely cause any problem....you'll just pass it. Can you get to an emergency dentist to put in the temporary cap until you can get in for a permanent?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• cause I ain't putting that back in my mouth.
    musicmaker Comment by musicmaker (original poster) a minute ago

^^^LOL! Well, at least you still have your sense of humor! :p I don't even want to imagine what it will cost to replace the cap. Hopefully they have a copy of the mold in with your file. As far as the cap hurting you, I highly doubt it will. Besides the cost of replacing it, just look at it as being bitten on the ass twice (once it passes)! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• LOL! I'm sorry Music, but you just made my week look great!

KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I would call me dentist and see who is on call for him/her this weekend. From experience they will have to do a temporary first anyway. I'm sure the tooth will pass through.

Answer by missanc at 8:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Awe! That just stinks! I hope the rest of your week is 100% better!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I wonder if you could run it through the dishwasher? LOL I am so sorry, but they should be able to give a temporary crown for around $100, if you do decide to "umm" retrive it, they have temp cap kits at the drugstore. So sorry, but you made me giggle!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Isn't that going to cost me an arm and a leg? I'm sure I'm going to need a lot to replace the one zI swallowd, cause I ain't putting that back in my mouth.
    musicmaker

Comment by musicmaker (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• It's not ideal, but the tooth isn't toxic. If it hasn't given you any trouble so far, then chances are good that the tooth made it into your stomach. I don't know what they make false teeth out of; maybe it won't survive the acidic environment. If it does, you'll probabl see it come out in the end--pun intended. The most crucial spot, according to the doctor who fished a quarter out of my cousin after he had an epic fail in the drinking game, the esophagus is the most likely place a foreign object is to get lodged. I'm sorry, what a bummer.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I called the dentist, no one is there. I got the cap about 22 years ago, in another state, so, no records.
    musicmaker

Comment by musicmaker (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2013