Can people still have some kind of relationship?

Can there still be any kind of relationship between being in a serious relationship and just being friends with benefits? Can two people just date without being serious and still have some kind of a relationship?

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• Sure, as long as both people are on the same page. I'd reevaluate the relationship periodically just to make sure you are still both satisfied with things as they are.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• If that's how both people want it. Is it monogomous, or is there an understanding that both people can date others as well?

While I think that kind of relationship can go on for quite a while, I would think eventually one of the pair would want something more meaningful with someone they want to be committed to.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• Sure. It all boils down to wants, needs and communication.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• It can work but you both need to be upfront about it so you both have the same understanding.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• If it's truly what they both want, yes.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I certainly did. We are still friends to this day but the benefits stopped a long time ago :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2013

• It can work for a while. But usually ends up with one wanting more.

Answer by louise2 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2013

• It happens a lot!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• yes, but there has to be so much communication, because as soon as the other person wants more of less, then no it can't work anymore.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I think a lot of us have done this at one time or another...but it normally ends up in a romantic thing for me...and I get attached

Answer by older at 2:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2013