Question?

ok this is my first pregnancy and im 38 weeks. well my stomach has been tighting up every so often like the baby is stretching or something. Could this be contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It could be. It could be actual labor contractions or braxton hicks contractions. Keep track of how often and how intense it happens. Once you have an idea of how often then you can call your OB if you think it's labor. I would wait until they are fairly regular before calling unless you have pain or if your water breaks.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• A lot of women have what amounts to rehearsal contractions, sometimes weeks before delivery. If the contractions get intense or start to be regular, you might try drinking a glass of water and lying down on your left side to see if they stop. If they continue, time them, and call your midwife or doctor when they're four to five minutes apart or your water breaks. Best wishes for a safe and easy delivery.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2013

• I agree with Quinn. If they get stronger & you can't walk them off, start timing them. Then like Quinn said, it's time to call your Dr. Don't be upset with yourself if they send you home. I've been sent home after my labor stopped or it was false labor. It happens, they can fool ya. And with my 1st, I didn't realize I was even in labor & was hospitalized until they could stop it, b/c it was too early. Hang in there & keep us posted when you can. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2013

• First it is not your STOMACH  it is your uterus.    Could be contractions.

Answer by louise2 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 29, 2013

• lol- they are ALL questions. You should put the question in the subject line.

Are you timing your contractions?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Could be.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2013