is it harmful that umb cord seen around foetal neck

33 week pregnant

neeti323

Asked by neeti323 at 2:42 AM on Sep. 29, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What did the doctor say?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 29, 2013

• It can be. The cord can tighten as baby makes it's way down the birth canal and strangle him/her. It is something you want watch and decide if maybe you want a C-section. Your doctor will go over the risks and options with you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:25 AM on Sep. 29, 2013

• I can't diagnose you because my PHD hasn't arrived yet....

any day now...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• It can be an issue. My husband was born via emergency C-section because his umbilical cord war wrapped around his neck and shoulder like a bandolier. He would have hanged himself and died if it weren't for the C-section.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• I am not a doctor so I have no answer for you.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 4:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Talk to yor doc and weigh your options carefully. I've known two women who lost babies because of the cords being wrapped around their necks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• At 33 weeks they are still moving a lot so by the time you go to deliver it could be unwrapped. It could also be wrapped up more and cause issues. My son was born vaginally with no issues and apgars of 8.5 and 9 and his cord was wrapped three time around his neck and wasn't wrapped at all at the 30 week ultrasound. You need to talk to your doctor about this though not random people on the internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2013