help please :(

ok, so i am 17 years old. My fiance is 23. My parent's do not approve of him @ all. We just found out that i am pregnant. It was a planned baby and we are very excited. We are just worried about my parents. What would you do? How would you tell them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hey, don't let these people bring you down. I was 18 when I got pregnant my fiance was 21. I am 19 and about to give birth to twin boys. My parents did not like my fiance either but he has time to pick it up and show that he can take care of you and a baby. Thats all your parents want to see is that their little girl is getting taken care of. Good luck with everything!
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• im sorry planned not to smart i had one at 17 and no it aint everything its cracked up to be kiss your young adult life good bye and nothing you can do you have to just tel them im sure they would notice soemthing eventually
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• First I think that 17 is a little young to be planning a pregnancy. Second honey if your parents don't approve of him they aren't going to approve of this pregnancy. I would sit down with them and tell them how you feel and hopefully they will be happy for you. I wish you all the luck with this. I know that it will be hard, it is hard at any age.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree that you are too young to be planning things like that. Your life is gonna change forever. You need to sit them down without the hated boyfriend and tell them and hopefully they will help you when that baby is born. Maybe you should question his love for you if he is willing to help you throw away your life by planning a pregnancy so young.
    I am not saying a baby ends your life but it changes everything!
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• WOW.

Stay in school, graduate, go to college. That's your goal - now on top of that, you will be a mother.

I can see where your parents are feeling like they failed you. At 17 you can barely drive, let along "plan" a pregnancy.

I would write out a plan - here's how I'm going to finish school, here's his income, here's how we are going to support the baby and here's how I'm getting into college. You need to get your own place and pay your own bills. Also, directly address WHY they don't this guy (other than the fact that he has no problem knocking you up).

Lord, buy them a drink first too.

And buy them some hair color because they may go grey overnight.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I was 18 when i got pregnant, 19 when i had her. My fiancee was 20 and 21 when we had her. She's 7 months old now, and we have another on the way.
    My dad loved the idea. My mother went bezerk. My mother lived in Ohio, 4hrs away my father, my brother and me. My fiancee came to visit from Las Vegas, Nevada twice then stayed with us for 3 months and me, him, my dad and brother moved to Vegas. 4 months later we got pregnant. So it was kindof expected. I was going to a study where they give me medicine and take my blood, after two weeks i'd get $800. I found out i was pregnant, fiancee picked me up and took the rest of the day off work. When dad got home we told him why i couldnt participate in the study and he was insane with laughter.

When we told my fiancess parents.. the mother freaked out and actually cried. "HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO MY SON?!" The father was happy, the 7 other brothers and sisters were happy. Good luck! :)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 11:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my family isn't crazy about my DH and when i told my mom i was pregnant (i couldn't even say the words, i told her she was going to be a grandma) she flipped a little but now since he's here and 8 months old she has decided to move back to the east coast to be closer to us, it will all turn out ok in the end.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 12:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Babys having babys.....kinda sad :( but whats done is done! Hopefully you and your BFwill step up and take FULL responsibility for this choice you made, its much harder than it seems, I wish you luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 1:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Wimsey. You are a bitch. I didn't ask for your rude comments fatass. Be a lilttle more respectful. We are all moms on here and we are all on here for a reason. Age doesn't define how good of a mother i can be so kiss my ass!
    Anonymous