Chores for my 5, 8, and 14 year old dd's

I have three amazing daughters. They do things when asked but I'd like a set list of chores to do. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• across the board- clean their rooms, feed pets/help clean cages/tanks (if applicable), put their laundry away

the 5 year old can help with the dishes, setting the table
    8 year old can do the dishes, help surface clean tables/windows/kitchen counters, etc
    14 year old can take out the trash, clean the bathrooms, learn how to do laundry, sweep & mop

^ just a few suggestions
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Also, I'm always wary of questions that seem to oddly request suggesting for punishment.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Why would you assume that consequences will be necessary? You just said that they're "amazing" and do things when told to.

Chores should not be overwhelming but they should instead instill a sense of ownership in the structure of the home. So, a few little chores per day is plenty. Chores should be age specific. Little ones can help empty trash or picking up toys/clothing while older kids can empty and load the dishwasher, make their beds and keep their bathroom straight
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• I wouldn't and I don't. My daughter does what she is asked. She may get annoyed or roll her eyes, but it still gets done. Being the amazing girls they are just ask them and thank them when it gets done.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Chore should be age appropriate . Sense you have a much older kid. She can do chore the other two can't. Like laundry, mowing the grass, doing the dishes.

Answer by louise2 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• I have to agree with Prissy on this one.

They're amazing, so in case they decide to not be amazing, what's a good punishment for them...
    That's what I read anyways.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 7:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• They can all put their clothes away, clean their rooms (including dusting and vacuuming), change their sheets, and take out the trash. The older 2 can sweep the kitchen, unload the dishwasher and wipe down the bathroom vanity/mirror. The oldest can learn to do laundry (mine do one load/week each), clean the toilet(s) and load the dishwasher.

Answer by missanc at 7:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Oh - sorry for double post! All daily chores have to be done before doing anything "fun" ( going out with friends, playing outside, etc)

Answer by missanc at 7:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2013