Umm,yeah. That's not a human baby

Back in the early 90's,our local Sears went out of business. My friend's mom worked there,and was given 2 bendable,lifesize,FACELESS (this part is important) mannequins. We had fun drawing on very comical faces,and dressing them in clothes from Goodwill. We'd drive around with them strapped into the car,and make the male doll wave at motorists,lol.
We went roller skating one night. About a half hour in,my friend hears over the PA that the owner of the car with the license plate number xxx-xxx should come to the office RIGHT NOW,the police are here.
We're like WTH??
The cop starts barking orders for her to get her shoes on,and follow him outside.
A lady dropping off her kids saw the baby mannequin in the car,and thought someone left their baby in the car,lol
Apparently she didn't see the male doll sitting next to the baby :)
We were laughing our asses off while she had to open the car and show the SIX officers that it was in fact,a very un-realistic doll. The thing didn't even have hands or feet,and the face was drawn on with marker,lol
The cop was not amused when my friend Ed said we had left the other doll in the car to watch over the baby

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• That is hilarious! I would have been pissing myself!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• LMAO
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Hahaha :)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Wow. I suppose it's good that someone was attempting to be vigilant, but the policeman didn't have to be rude right from the start. It puzzles me how someone could mistake a mannequin like you described for a real baby.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• When I lived in Atlanta, people would use mannequins to drive in the HOV (carpool) lanes. Some got caught, but no telling how many got away with it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Hilarious !!!

Answer by louise2 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• You set it up to get these reactions.
    You wasted these officers time and therefore tax payers' money.

I think it is funny if you are in the car, but to me to leave them like that knowing full well you were going to cause a problem is just irresponsible IMO.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• no,we did NOT set it up
    Who's dumb enough to think a cotton white doll is a real baby?
    It was still light out,and the windows were not tinted

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

•  they were like this,but didn't have any facial features (flat faces) and no hands or feet, or ears

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• We had fun drawing on very comical faces,and dressing them in clothes from Goodwill. We'd drive around with them strapped into the car,and make the male doll wave at motorists,lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2013