How would I know if I'm having a boy or girl

I've been really sick throwing up everything I eat and I don't remember this happeningin my last pregnancy could this mean I'm having a boy

Hazzell2013

Asked by Hazzell2013 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2013 in Pregnancy

• That doesn't determine gender at all. Just wait until you can do the gender ultrasound around 20 wks.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Every pregnancy is different. The old wives tales are nothing but old wives tales. You will get an idea when you get your mid pregnancy scan.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• The only way to know 100% is when the baby comes out. Having different pregnancy symptoms is in no way an indication that you might be having the opposite sex from you last pregnancy. I have 2 boys and they were pretty different. My first I had morning sickness for a few weeks, none for my second. Smells made me sick with my first, they didn't with my second. No cravings with my first, tons of cravings with my second. An ultrasound will give you an indication.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Uh, let's see... If you have a boy, you will notice a little penis after he is born.
    On the other hand, if you have a girl, you will NOT see a penis, but rather a vagina.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• boys have penises and girls have vaginas

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• I have 2 sons, the first pregnancy I was very sick, the 2nd one, I wasn't.

Of course the Ultra Sound told me my 2nd son was a girl! SURPRISE!!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 8:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• If you don't know, how would I know?
    I would say way until you are at forty weeks and you will probably get a clue.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• Some time you just have to wait tell the baby comes out.

Answer by louise2 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• I don't think throwing up means your having a boy. But I have heard if you have heartburn a lot while pregnant that means your child has lots of hair. When I was pregnant I got this pee test from mejer and it said I was having a girl and it was right. We could never tell with the ultra sound so wasn't sure till she was born.
    paigesmommy811

Answer by paigesmommy811 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2013

• The old wives' tale generally says that if you're really sick, it's a girl.

You're going to have to wait.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2013