Bad Diaper RASH!!

So my poor little Finley has a terrible diaper rash and I cant get it to go away. I usually use A+D and Butt Paste and it worked for my oldest sons but it doesn't work on Finley :( What are some good diaper creams? Homemade remedies? Im willing to try anything at this point

Pay920

Asked by Pay920 at 2:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Desitin cream max relief in the purple box is great. The cream is VERY thick, and will not rub off easily. And try letting your baby walk without a diaper for awhile, it helps to heal faster But you also should make a call to your pediatrician. Your little one may have a infection, or allergic to something. How long has your little one had this rash?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Aquaphor. It's not a diaper cream, but it works better than anything I found. If it doesn't go away you may want to check with the dr to make sure it isn't yeast.

Answer by missanc at 7:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• What kind of diapers are you using? Sometimes it is the diapers.

Answer by louise2 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Talk to the doctor. It may be a yeast infection

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I agree with taking him to the doctor, he might have a fungal infection of some sort.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I agree with bringing him to the Dr. first. Then every time he has a bowl movement wash his backside gently under warm water in the sink with baby wash. Rinse, pat dry & apply Desitin only to the rectum area. Maybe you are irritating his skin with wiping him with baby wipes too much.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Try checking with a doctor. It's probably a fungal infection and may need antibiotics or Nystatin cream. Find out what it truly is then treat it. Yes it could be an allergic reaction to the diapers too. again though the doctor will be able to tell you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• First off... stop using baby wipes. They have chemicals that irritate already inflamed skin. I prefer to hold the baby close to me and prop their bum in the sink and wash with warm water and a bit of baby soap, making sure to rinse all the way. Then dry the bum and let the baby go without a diaper for a while. I usually held the baby on my lap, on the towel to keep from them making a mess. Then use the Desitin that someone else suggested. If you don't want to use the sink, you can use damp paper towels. Then there is no chemicals from the wipes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Oh and our ped told us we could give motrin or tylenol for the pain.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• My daughter had real sensitive skin as a baby. I found switching to Pampers Sensitive wipes, and using liberal amounts of Desitin Creamy Overnight cleared up her diaper rashes between diaper changes. She'd get it so bad she'd had dime sized sores on her butt.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:27 AM on Sep. 30, 2013