my 11 yr old daughter wont stop peeing her pants what do i do?

She has been to the doctors nuthin is wrong with her that way. When we ask her why she does it. She simlpy says i didnt have time to go or that she didnt want to go. She has no confidence issues. Her grades r good. She is on the church dance team. She has a stable and safe home life. She acts like its a normal thing and we have been trying to stop this for yrs. What now? We have tried groundings taking her stuff away...making her clean them her self. Told her she could get very sick from wearing nasty panties.. nothing seems to work.

lostmomma999

Asked by lostmomma999 at 7:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• maybe she likes it. Leaver her alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I remeber being to bussy playing to want to stop to go to the bathroom. And peeing on myself before I could get to the bathroom. You are going to have to start reminding her to go. Potty training all over. At least that is what I would do. About every 2 hour.
    When she gets home from school. "Go to the bathroom"

Answer by louise2 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I would assume that other children make fun of her? If this is a true post, and you have been to the doctor, I would start taking away things she enjoys doing every time she urinates, make her wash the clothes herself.
    I find it very strange at age 11 she doesn't see anything wrong with this at all, have you explained to her that boys don't like girls who smell like piss?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Take her underwear away and make her wear adult diapers. This isn't normal at 11. It's fairly normal at 4 and 5 years old.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Have you taken her to a urologist? Sometimes this is a physical problem with the urethra. She may need surgery to correct the issue. Punishing her for something she may have no control over is not something you want to do. If it isn't a physical problem then consult a psychologist or other therapist to see if there's a mental problem. Either way it's NOT normal so she may need psychiatric help.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:05 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Get her a watch with a timer on it to beep every few hours to remind her to use the toilet. Would Justin Beiber like pee pee pants on a girl? Ask her that! GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I'd have her see another doctor. This is not normal at all for an 11 yr old

there has to be a reason...also, I'd remind her every hour or two about going until you find out what is really going on

*does this happen at school?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Maybe find other ways/areas you can return control over her life to her. Make it abundantly clear that she doesn't "have to" resort to asserting herself in an area like bodily functions in order to have something that she CAN control. Especially since this situation is so entrenched (it doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't correct overnight, but it can start with you.)

I would recommend talking to a child psychologist & describing the whole situation, including the history & the overall dynamic, so that you are working with someone who is sensitive to how stress presents in children's lives, and also how to work with them. This could be an indication of trauma and best to address the signals constructively, rather than focusing on punishment/control/force.

I can imagine how frustrating the whole thing is. Best wishes to your family.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Are you sure she hasn't been through some kind of abuse or emotional trauma? This would be sending up blazing red flags for me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2013