How would you react to this?

I happened to see a text message on my husbands phone. I don't normally check his phone, but he got a text (he forgot his phone at home) so I looked at the last message then happened to read the rest of it. The message from (number) said are you coming over. Then he replies only if this is a women? then he replies back again and says i honestly don't know who this is. Then the number replies you wish then replies again and says this is (name). Would you take this as a joke or would you be upset about this text?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• I'd b pissed unless I knew this person and knew their relationship
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I'd assume he doesn't recognize the number. Some people make mistakes when entering the phone number to text just like they do when dialing. I'd confess to reading it and ask him about it. He did text that "I honestly don't know who this is."
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I'd say this looks like a wrong number. His first reply was just joking. I really wouldn't worry about this.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 9:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Does he have a history of cheating?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I honestly don't know this guy and have only heard his name a couple times, but never met him or anything like that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I would probably take it as a joke. Is there any other reason he has given you to question his faithfulness to you?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• well a few years ago I canceled our internet because he was 1 looking at porn and 2 he was talking to some girl (he use to have myspace now facebook) and I can't remember what it said as it was years ago but it was something you dont say to another women. Then one time I canceled our cable cause he was ordering porn then I seen something on myspace a few years back that he wrote his friends daughter and said hey sexy. Then I also heard a few years ago that my sister and him were doing stuff supposably my sister went down on him a few times him and my sister said it didn't happen, but 2 other people said it did.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• honestly makes me wonder if he has ever cheated on me in the 13 years together and 10 years of marriage. His dad cheated on his mom for years and watched porn. I finally told my husband it didn't bother me of him watching porn, but it is when he hides it from me and doesnt come to me for pleasure. Well he only wants sex anymore MAYBE 1 time a week and I know he has been doing you know what in the bathroom because he leaves evedence on the toilet seat or he takes longer in the bathroom (he has an ipod)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Yeah, my ex husband watched porn all the time. I'm starting to think all men are assholes. I think they all are horn balls and keep their dick in their pants for one second. I don't even have any great advice to give that will solve this problem for you. I tried for 6 years with my ex and never could figure it out. I tried to talk to him, i tried ulimatiums, be patient and understanding to being down right mad. Nothing worked, it's not the only reason i divorced but it certainly wasn't easy to deal with.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Only you can decide what your boundaries are and how you will react if the lines are crossed. If it were only this one thing, I'd probabl give your husband the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds like this is just one more incident in a long string of issues for you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2013