Can I get into trouble for allowing my 5 and a half and 8 year old to play outback in a fenced in yard without me back there?

My girls play out back in the back yard by themselves, but the yard is fenced in and I am usually downstairs where I can hear them playing but my neighbor told them that if she catches them out back anymore without me that she was going to call the police on me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• I sure hope not. My 9,6 and 3 year old are out back all of the time. And the dog is back there.....! People need to chill. You are fine!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2013

• No. Your neighbor needs to mind her own business and that is what the police would likely tell her.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• What are they doing when they are playing out back? Is this a shared property, or is this a single family dwelling? It's really none of your neighbor's business. She can call the police, but she will make herself look like an idiot as long as they aren't doing anything bad. Now, if they were throwing things into her yard, messing with her animals, or doing something destructive then I can see her point. If they are just playing, she needs to find someone else to bother.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Good grief. Kids can't play in their own yards anymore? I'm so glad my kids are grown.

I agree with the others....I can't see anyone thinking this is wrong in any way
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• What are they doing that upsets the neighbor?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I remember you.

What did CPS say when you called?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Hope not because my 6yr old son and 4yr old nephew play in my backyard without us, and my neighbors 3 yr old plays in their yard and they don't have a fence.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:25 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• no. Your neighbor sounds like a bitch
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• If your kids are doing nothing wrong then you are fine.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:35 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• What has this world come to that kids can't even play in their yard anymore??!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2013