Cake dilemma

so my dd's 7th birthday party just kinda snuck up on me... it's this saturday! i went to walmart today and bought all the supplies, i went with a monster high theme. when i got home i checked at our local grocery stores online databases and nobody has a freaking monster high birthday cake. i think its too late to order a sugar sheet online and i wouldnt even know where to go locally to buy one of those. we dont have any fancy shmancy bakeries around here. at this point im probably just going to make my own cake... it's not really a huge deal if the cake doesn't match the rest of the theme right?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Food & Drink

• no, it's not that big of a deal.
    you can match the colors.
    someone here recently did a monster high theme, luv maybe?

do you have any at home bakers in the area?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• i think it's just my OCD getting the best of me. i saw these zebra print cupcake liners at the store, i should have picked them up! then i could have made purple cupcakes or something and decorated them with little skulls and called it a day. maybe ill go back tomorrow if i cant think of anything else.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Costco bakery doesn't do too bad. Whenever we have a large family gathering that's where we go for a cake.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• And, they usually as for 24-48 hours to fulfill a request.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• i sure hope there are no boys coming LOL
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• you could do your own- just use the colors that go with the theme... and maybe get some kind f party supply stuff you could put on it?

or make it in the shape of that skull and decorate it like that?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• i love those ideas charlot! im not that creative though lol mine would come out looking crappy as hell. i think ill just do the cupcake thing, i have this cool black cupcake holder that would kind of tie it all together.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• We recently had the same dilemma. My son wanted a ninja turtle cake, but Walmart or Publix did not have one. Ask if your local Walmart can transfer images onto a cake and get a gift bag of other image of Monster high you want and get them to put that on the cake. That is what we did with my son's cake. We used the image of a gift bag.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Most chain supermarkets and big box stores are able to transfer images nowadays. If not, make purple cupcakes and have fun. Don't let the little things get in the way.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2013