Your thoughts on flu shots.

I got mine done again for the 4th year in a row, and the day I had it I was fine, but on Saturday and Sunday, I felt dizzy and really sick. I also slept both days about 3-4 hours during the day. what's your thoughts on flu shots/ good idea or not?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 11:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Health

• I have never had one.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• If i get one, i get sick for about 4-5 days. If i dont get the shot and end up with the flu, it lasts 2-3 days. So i dont get them.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:43 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I get mine every year.

Just so everyone knows, it does not contain a live virus. It can not give you the flu.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Only the mist contains live virus.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I usually have my husband and son get one since they're more likely to bring it home due to being around so many people.I'm practically a hermit,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• The only time I received a flu shot was the only time I got the flu! Last year daughers' entire family got the flu shot and the entire family got the flu. I did not.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I've never had one and neither have my children. I haven't had the flu in over 10 years, and my children have never had it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• On the fence. My daughter and I got one and were the only ones who didn't get sick when everyone caught the flu over the winter. However I did get the flu the week after I got the shot but I traveled so I probably picked it up at the airports or plane or anywhere. I haven't decided this year
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• My family declines them. I don't really see the point of getting one. There is NO guarantee that the strains in the shot are the ones that get everyone sick, yearly.

Yes, my kids have colds right now, but that's usually the worst of what they get all winter. Every year I was forced to get a flu shot in the military, I got super sick. Every year I've declined the flu shot as a civilian I've been just fine. The occasional cold, but nothing serious.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I never get one and I rarely get sick.

Answer by missanc at 12:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2013