Desperate for work

I was laid off two months ago and can't find work anywhere. I've registered with all the employment agencies and applied to over 100 jobs. I don't get called for interviews at all. I'm getting very nervous because my money will run in two months and nothing is on the horizon. I've got over 20 years experience as an administrative assistant and office manager and I wonder if my age has something to do with this because I'm in my middle fifties. I'm so scared. I don't qualify for any aid and the unemployment I get is not enough to pay my rent and then food and utility bills. Do you have any suggestions that I may not have thought of yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• If there is a work resource center in your area, contact them for trainings and job fairs.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Commute or move to a community where there are more alternatives. It's a dog eat dog world out there... if you really want to find work, you might need to consider a move.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I would have to break my lease to move but I won't take refuse that as a possibility.

Job fairs are a good idea. I will check on that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Could you do something else in the meantime, clean houses, watch children? You might be what a family is looking for to nanny for them or something,
    I think you should also take a really good look at your resume' 50 or not, having the experience alone should be enough to get a phone call.
    Check all the spelling and make sure it is "selling you" on paper, Good luck!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2013