How to anounce now?

All right, now that everyone on HERE knows that I'm pregnant (finally! it only took 2 years), I'm now looking for some good ideas on how to post to Facebook. This would be for the masses. We want to leave it a little vague and see how many people pick up on it.

My dad already knows, and so does my MIL. THEY got phone calls.

This is when I wish I were more creative. I'm great at collaboration, but creative-on-the-spot and I choke.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 12:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• you could take a picture of your child holding a sign that reads "i'm going to be a big sister/brother on (insert due date here)"

then there is the cute shoes picture- your feet, dad's feet, and a pair of baby shoes in the middle

or, you pretending to barf in the toilet and dad in the picture holding up a thumbs up with the caption "we're pregnant" LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• or take a picture of a bun in the oven if you want to be REALLY vague lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• You could post something like, OMG I could really use one of these!

BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 12:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• You could make dinner using Preggo tonight and post a picture with the jar in view?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• "I love the idea of the bun in the oven pic."

You could say "look what I've got cooking!" and people have to figure out if you mean just the bun or pregnancy, haha
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• How about stuffing a feather pillow under your shirt and taking a pic, then posting it with a caption that says you're working on your new look and it should be perfected by next May or June?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I TOLD YOU!!! Hehehehehe
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Just post a picture of your home and say our house is growing by two feet. Subtle and maybe some will pick up on it. I mean really who expands a house by 24 inches.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• LOL

I posted: I found out today I have a medical condition I can't do much about until June.
    Hubby posted: And soon there will be 5

My SIL picked up on it pretty quickly. She's an excellent detective though.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I didn't announce it on FB until I went in for an ultrasound and knew that baby was ok and had a heart rate of 161 bpm. I didn't even want to say anything until I was past the 1st trimester incase something went wrong but my boyfriend was so excited that he posted after the ultrasound confirming baby was doing good. I think any sooner would just be bad.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 12:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2013