How can I increase my libido? adult content

My sex drive is nil and starting to take its toll on our marriage. I'm on an antidepressant that says low sex drive could be a side effect. Have you had any luck with something that increased your libido?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• Have you discussed this with your dr? Low sex drive is a side effect of many antidepressants, but different ones affect people differently. Maybe a different antidepressant would be a better fit?

Answer by missanc at 1:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Have you ever heard that exercise will increase function? Well exercise using your sexual aspect.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• You might take a look at Dr. Laura Berman's website. She is practical and down to earth and the website has many sections.....some may be about meds too.

http://www.drlauraberman.com/about-dr-berman

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• You can be fighting a losing battle with some antidepressants when it comes to your libido, and depression is a mood killer as well. Ask your doctor about changing your dosage or switching to a different antidepressant.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Love Motion #9 and pheromones.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• When I read the title to this question, I was going to suggest therapy. Seriously. Exercise (daily walks, that kind of thing) is helpful too, but I think good therapy can make a big difference. It really makes sense. And it was my direct experience. My libido shot up significantly once I was beginning to take care of the underlying issues that would have indicated a need for antidepressants. Just being in therapy engaged me in an inner movement that was reflected in many affirming shifts & changes, one being a general surge in libido.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2013