my week old baby has a wheeze

my week old baby has a wheeze sometimes but not all the time what can this be im a bit worried

mammyto2

Asked by mammyto2 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take your baby to the doctor, this is nothing to mess around with.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• i have her booked into doctors tomorrow.. was just wanting to know if anyone else experianced this
    mammyto2

Comment by mammyto2 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• possible RSV

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I'm glad you have a doc appointment. A lot of babies wheeze, though, because they still have gunk in their lungs from being born.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• You might try a vaporizer today in his room, please sleep on the floor next to him tonight, in case it is RSV, infants are much more likely to suffer from SIDS with RSV.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Doctor's office ASAP. My DS was Dx with bronchiolitis when he was 6 months old and it may have been caused by RSV. He wheezed as well. He was on breathing treatments on a nebulizer for over a month.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• My YDS had RSV, and within 2 days was in a tent in ICU.

It doesn't necessarily mean baby is sick... my ODS has "I don't like how his air passages are shaped." (from an anesthesiologist) so we have a nebulizer and do breathing treatments whenever he gets congested.

It COULD be serious, but it also COULD not be. Don't stress, but make sure the Dr takes all the steps s/he can. Definitely listen to heart and lungs and vitals, temp, etc... possible chest xray. If you have insurance, ask for a nebulizer. They're always convenient, whether it's allergies or congestion, for baby or for you.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2013

• Ask dr.
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2014