I know it's normal to lose weight while pregnant , but I've lost about 20 pounds and it keeps going. I'm getting smaller and smaller . Is this okay? I'm only 12 weeks

Laiina13

Asked by Laiina13 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• what does your doctor say?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Nothing, it could be from not eating a lot and vomiting
    Laiina13

Comment by Laiina13 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• So, your doctor hasn't expressed any concern about your 20 lb weight loss or you haven't told your doctor about it?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• No I've been to the doctor plenty of times. They just say its normal. From not eating a lot and vomiting a lot but I don't vomit a whole whole lot to the point where I would be losing weight over it. You can't even tell I'm pregnant. Even ppl at work are concerned about my weight.
    Laiina13

Comment by Laiina13 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• At 11, 12 weeks you will not look pregnant. The baby is the size of a pea.

Answer by louise2 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I've never heard that it's normal to lose weight while pregnant, just the opposite, in fact. So that's a new one to me.

If you're doctor isn't concerned, I would maybe seek out a second opinion. I would think even if weight loss is normal, 20 lbs is a lot. And particularly when you're not trying to lose weight (which I assume you weren't trying to lose it, since you're pregnant), 20 lbs in a short amount of time is cause for concern - pregnant or not.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Many women lose weight in the first half of pregnancy, especially if there's a lot of morning sickness or if they're a bit overweight to begin with.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• It's fine. You'll get it back sooner than you think. I had a mere 15 pound gain over my entire pregnancy and still had a healthy 6 pound 8ounce baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• i lost weight then started gaining in my fith month. I lost weight because i couldnt keep any thing down.
    Amber94

Answer by Amber94 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2013