Stupid doctors

Now I remember why I HATE doctor hunting. The clinic I go to only has one OB doctor, and HE won't see me because my other two pregnancies have been C-sections. So now, I'm back to picking a name off a list and hoping it's a good match.

Yes, I'm researching them online as I pick them, but this is SUCH a pain. I want my old doctor back, the one that had seen us since my son was 6 months old.

They really need a "Just Venting" section. I don't know WHERE to put this one.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 2:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What?!? Why won't he see you because you've had C-sections?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Are you going to try for a VBAC?
    May,some docs see C section ladies as high risk and won't chance it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• When I moved into my schools with my kids, I asked the teachers if they knew of go doctors (what ever kindsI needed. You would be amazed at the really good choices you will here.

So what happens with you present OB if one of his patients needs a C section? (DORK)
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• What a pain. I hope you find a good one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Yowza! I'm glad my second OB didn't view me as high risk simply because my first pregnancy ended in a C-section. (He was busy seeing me as potentially high risk for other legitimate reasons.)

Rosehawk, ask around in the rl circles you trust. Who do your friends recommend? And why? If that doc's name is on your list, call and set up a consultation. Interview the doc. After two pregnancies, you know what you want out of any OB, so ask.

And I hate doctor-shopping, too.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• How big or small is the hospital? I know where my sister works (nursery nurse), they usually don't take high risk pregnancies just because the hospital doesn't have a NICU, and they are limited with what they can do for the baby if he/she needs special medical attention.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• What?!? Why?
    I don't know. They didn't say specifically. Just something muttered about C-sections being out of his expertise.

Are you going to try for a VBAC?
    I would love to, and am going to talk with the new doc about that ASAP. However, with my track record so far, I don't think VBAC is going to work.

So what happens?
    I don't know and I'm not sticking around to find out. We're switching to a different clinic.

How big or small is the hospital?
    The one I'd most likely deliver at is a regional medical center. it's HUGE. There are a handful of other hospitals nearby as well that aren't quite as big, but still good sized.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Happy hunting. I know it can be a pain.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• There are two clinics near me. The one that we picked, and the other one that's a couple blocks away. We waffled back and forth between doctors at both clinics before finally choosing the one a couple blocks closer to us. Part of that was based on the recommendation of my son's therapist.

I went to the new one, got all the paperwork for transfer of care done, and am now waiting for them to call me. This new place has a lot of satellite branches all over the place, and a large group of doctors. Not to mention, they have walk-in clinics at almost every location.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Call a place that offers classes on breast feeding in your area. Ask who their clients use as far as OBGYN's go. That's how I found my GREAT Pediatrician. Word of mouth is the best advertising. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2013