Do you think there is a difference between being IN LOVE with your DH as opposed to just LOVING your DH?

I ask this because I saw it on another question. I am not bashing anyone that says that they are IN love. I just dont see the difference and I want to know if I am the only one that thinks its basically the same thing. Please do explain though if you feel there is a difference. I really am curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you should read "the Love Dare" and "the 5 languages of Love (or is it the 5 love languages). It talks about that. They say that falling "in love" is I guess more like infatuation... a feeling that cannot be controlled. but when you get passed that stage in your relationship you CHOOSE to love that person even though sometimes you may not have that "in love" feeling. II think its really romantic actually when you get passed that "butterflies in the stomach" feeling and really begin to really make a choice to love that person unconditionally. I rather have someone choose to love me than love me because they have the "love feelings" because when they love me because they have those love feelings only than they miss who I am completely. kwim?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think there is a differece. To me being IN LOVE you still get butterflies when you look at that person, and are very happy together. LOVING you SO is where you no longer get those butterflies but you are happy together.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes. I LOVE my dh with all my heart. But I'm just not 'in love' with him anymore. It sounds so very cliche, I know that. But we've had some major issues that have done permanent damage to our relationship. That doesn't mean he isn't a wonderful man and father and for that I love him dearly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes there is. I love mine, but not in love anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Maybe you think it is the same thing
    because
    you never experienced
    being in love.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I love my parents. I love my children. I love Tobelrone choc (don't be a hater, that's gooood).

I am IN LOVE with my husband.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• When i am "in love" with him, i feel attractive, attentive, seductive, playful, responsive, submissive, i care more about his feelings, etc. When im just in love i dont really pay attention to anything of that. If he's hurt i care but im not experiencing it with him as i would be if i fealt "in love". I always love him, always. Even when i dont feel "in love". The "in love"-ness just adds an extra spark <3

Precious333: Excellent answer!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 11:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I love my SO, and I always will, with everything I have. But I fall in and out of love with him on a pretty regular basis. The ladies above have explained it pretty good I think. There are periods of time where he makes me feel like a teenager again, I can't wait until I get to see him or get him in bed ;)
    But there are other times where he is just here, I love him, we have our relationship but nothing exiting is happening, ya know? I think that being IN love with your SO stems a lot from that extra little spice that you add to your relationship every now and then.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree with what Precious333 said! Well put!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I do think there's a difference. That "in love" feeling that makes you feel high on life and giddy etc comes and goes. There is a deeper love that we always have between us even when we're not feeling like a couple of teenagers right at that minute.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009