What does government shut down mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• google is your friend. Do your own homework
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I did but I dont understand most of it thanks for your useless waste of a comment
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• You are welcome. I do not do other people's homework.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• But to sum it all up- the stupid people we stupidly elected b/c there was no one better running will still get paid to make a mess of things while certain things like govt. backed bank home loans sit & no one gets to move into their homes. That's just one of many things that will be effected if they don't get their heads out of their asses.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• It will mean that government workers will be furloughed. Some government tasks will continue; mail delivery, social security checks...however others will not be available such as passport processing.

If I remember correctly, military personnel will continue to be paid but I can't remember where I read that so you'd need to verify.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I believe it means that all non-essential workers will be furloughed. Who that all includes? I really don't know. I know that they demand retroactive pay when an agreement is being hammered out.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Thank you all for your intelligent answers.

Dardenella - At what point did I ask you to do my homework? In fact, what homework are you referring to? Where did you gather that this was some sort of an assignment to which I would be receiving credit for?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• The military people still have to report, but they don't know when they'll be paid. It's a disgrace. You would think some sort of an agreement could have been reached before it came to this point.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• "The military people still have to report, but they don't know when they'll be paid."

Not sure that is completely accurate. There may be a slight delay in their pay due to processing but it doesn't look like some open ended event
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2013