Would you be willing to pay to go to a bday party?

It's at a trampoline park and that's $75 ($25 per person) for us to go and a gift. I could only take 1 child instead of 2 since the other isn't in the same grade,,,, but it wouldn't be fair no to include both. What do you think? BTW I also have another party the same day but in the opposite direction. So do I go 1 hour to the right for the trampoline park or 1.5 to the left? I'll feel bad for not going to the trampoline park but the family bday party should come first since I already RSVP'd. Right??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would not invite people to a kids birthday party and expect them to pay to get in. I would just feel uncomfortable doing that. I would probably skip the trampoline park and go to the family event instead. I might look for coupons to the trampoline park first, but that seems like a lot and to add a gift on top of that? Not from me.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I would not pay to go to someone's party or to take my kid there.
    It is rude beyond words.
    If you are suggesting that we all meet at Jumpin Jack so our kids can play, that is one thing but you pay so my kid can pretend to host a fabulous party that I can not afford, um NO.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• No I would not pay to go to a bday party. I can't imagine planning that an expecting everyone to pay!

Answer by missanc at 4:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I would never pay to attend a birthday party beyond the cost of the gift. It's rude to expect someone to pay to attend your party. I could see expecting adults to pay for their meals at a place like Chuck E. Cheese if they stay, and that I would be okay with, but to expect me to pay just to even get in is ridiculous.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• honor your first commitment.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Family party comes 1st. Esp. since you already RSVP'd. That trampoline park sounds fun but is rather pricey. You could always take the kids there another time.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• I think to have a birthday party and expect people to pay to come to it is very tacky. Our trampoline place charges $10 for the 1/2 hour, so you should call and see if you can go for 1/2 hour and then make it to the other party as well.
    I would say if one is famlly and the other is one of your child's friends at school, I am voting for the school party, have you husband take one and you take the other.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Nope. I would not pay that much to go to a party. I say stick with the one you RSVP'd for.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• That's way too much to pay for a birthday party.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• For guests, birthdate parties should be free.

Answer by louise2 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2013