Eww- gross!

My husb. works at a hospital. He was standing near a restroom, heard the toilet flush, no water running & out walks the Dr. headed of all places, the ICU!! I can only hope he washed them before he had direct patient contact, but that's still so freaking gross!

So the next time you go the Dr., make sure you ask him when the last time was that he/she washed their hands!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2013 in Health

• Here's the deal, IMO... why would you wash your hands in the restroom only to use your hands to open the door and walk out? I NEVER wash my hands inside unless there are no doors into the restroom, like Sams. Medical facilities have hand sanitizer all over the hospital. I will use that and wash my hands when and if I find a sink outside the restroom.... If not, I use antibacterial wipes and sanitizer. Contrary to beliefs, washing your hands inside the bathroom is extremely disgusting... especially when you use the paper towels that are absorbing all the fecal material whenever someone flushes the toilet...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Is there sanitizer in the bathroom? Outside the patient rooms?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Hand sanitizer dispensers are in various places throughout the hospital. I just think if you are in direct patient care you owe it to the patients to wash your hands after using the restroom. Esp. since preventable infections like staph sicken & kill so many patients each year.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Yes, I work in healthcare and have for many years. My thought was he may have used sanitizer instead of soap and water. It's not ideal but it gets the job done in most cases
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• There's hand sanitizer in every bathroom at hospitals.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• IDK, I use the paper towel that I used to turn off the faucet to also open the door. I guess it's just a personal preference. My hands are so dry as it is that I don't like how hand sanitizer dries them out even more.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2013

• Yuck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2013